Accepting Donations?

Jun 5, 2008 at 6:07 PM
I have been a huge fan of TortoiseSVN for a while, and I really miss that functionality with TFS.  LizardTF is look pretty good so far.  How do we ensure that this project gathers steam and doesn't fizzle like so many open source projects?  Will donations encourage development?  If so, I would like to donate.
Coordinator
Jun 8, 2008 at 9:24 PM
Thanks, very much, for the thought.

What really spurs me on is knowing that people are using Lizard. I have slackened of a little lately, mainly due to work pressures, and the fact that Lizard does /most/ of what I needed / wanted. I am planning to get back on the case though this month with some new c++ shell extensions.

Although I really appreciate the offer, I'd rather not accept financial donations (at least at this stage). Donations of time are another matter. If you, or anyone else, is in a position help test / document Lizard, that would be invaluable to me.

As a lot of Lizard started out as proof of concept, and as it is largely just a UI over the TFS API proper Unit testing is a bit of a pain and I'm ashamed to say I've written no Unit tests and regression testing is rather manual. If any has time to spare to help test when new releases are available, or better still to develop some unit tests, that would help a great deal.

Lizard currently has no Web Page or user manual, if any one has time to help with these I would also be very grateful.

Lastly, a set of Visual Studio add-ins for Lizard would be great if anyone has some time and talent in that area.

It is really user feedback that keeps me going.

Ian.

murkjohansen wrote:
I have been a huge fan of TortoiseSVN for a while, and I really miss that functionality with TFS.  LizardTF is look pretty good so far.  How do we ensure that this project gathers steam and doesn't fizzle like so many open source projects?  Will donations encourage development?  If so, I would like to donate.