Any comments?

Coordinator
Jan 20, 2008 at 10:32 PM
Well 37 people have downloaded the installers, and 17 the source. Another 10 or so downloaded from sourceforge, so, has any one any comments or suggestions?
Feb 28, 2008 at 6:37 PM
I installed LizardTF. Created a new workspace. Did a get from the repository. Changed a file. Added a file. Did a

A couple of items:

1. I have not explorer icons that indicate file status.
2. Is there a quick way to show "added" files in addition to changed and deleted?

Standard XP SP2 install here.

-ZA
Coordinator
Feb 29, 2008 at 7:16 AM
Have you tried stopping/starting explorer ? On the second tab on the settings screen (launched from the sys tray) you can kill explorer, un-reg and then register (x86) and then start explorer again. If you have un-marked the 'hide protected operating system folders and files' you should see '_ltf' folders in all the workspace folders, if not try doing a 'lizard->system scan' from the context menu Can you see the Lizard property page if you right-click in explorer and choose properties?

Added files /should/ get a little blue cross overlay to show a pending add.

I'll try a fresh install on a clean XP box today and see if there is an installation problem.

Ian
Mar 7, 2008 at 6:28 PM
Icons are working now after a reboot and 'lizard->system scan'.

So far I've been working with LizardTF and TFS without any problems. A couple of feature requests:

• Add an icon for "unknown" items
  • Add a "keep checked out" option to automatically do a "check out - without lock" after doing a check in

-ZA
Dec 15, 2008 at 10:48 AM
Edited Dec 15, 2008 at 10:49 AM
Hi Ian, still can't get enough of your amazing tool!
What do you think, would it be great to have columns on WI results configurable, like in TFS?
Coordinator
Dec 15, 2008 at 9:56 PM
Somaritane, thanks for that.
The WorkItem support was a bit of an after thought. I was mainly annoyed with Team Explorer for allowing me to add a new workitem at point of check-in. I know that I shouldn't start work without the item, but I really annoyed me, hence the Work Items in LizardTF. I'll add your request to the list. There is a whole area of remembering list column sizes and preferences to be tackled at some point, but I will get to it. Thanks for your input so far, please keep letting me know if things aren't working or if you want new features,

Thanks

Ian.

Aug 21, 2009 at 8:37 PM

A bunch of the "Processing" type screens could use a Stop or Cancel feature.  I know these can be a bit difficult to actually get working, but it would be a big benefit.  I've hung a few times when trying to Process on large repositories.  It doesn't seem like it stops, I just haven't been patient enough to wait and see if it does eventually finish or blow up; I just End the Process.

Coordinator
Aug 24, 2009 at 6:28 PM
Gary,

Yes, I added them where Lizard was controlling the underlying process,
but I agree, there are other places where, with a large repository, it
would be good to cancel. I'll certainly see what can be done in this area.

I am taking a bit of a sabbatical while I build a new bicycle and get
through an extremely busy period at the day job - but I do plan to get
back on job in October after my holiday.

Thanks for the feedback,

Ian.

garyplattenburg wrote:
>
> From: garyplattenburg
>
> A bunch of the "Processing" type screens could use a Stop or Cancel
> feature. I know these can be a bit difficult to actually get working,
> but it would be a big benefit. I've hung a few times when trying to
> Process on large repositories. It doesn't seem like it stops, I just
> haven't been patient enough to wait and see if it does eventually
> finish or blow up; I just End the Process.
>
> Read the full discussion online
> <http://lizardtf.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=20748&ANCHOR#Post226510>.
>
> To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email
> ([email removed]
> <mailto:[email removed]?subject=%5Blizardtf:20748%5D>)
>
> To start a new discussion for this project, email
> [email removed]
> <mailto:[email removed]>
>
> You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion
> on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe
> <http://www.codeplex.com/site/discussions/thread/unsubscribe/20748> on
> codePlex.com.
>
> Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any
> posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com